Restlessness...

...is exactly what I'm feeling right now. Why? Beats the crap out of me. For some insane reason I wanna chuck my (brand spankin' new) laptop out the window and just walk out of the office.

Must be the fact that it's a Friday. I think I just need to disconnect from work for a while and just...I don't know, walk around the mall and vege a bit.

Given my state of restlessness, I think I shall blog about a multitude of things.

The need to impulse buy something techy.
Yes, I'm quite proud of myself coz I haven't bought a tech item...actually, ANYTHING...on impulse since last year. I do believe my last impulse purchase was my DSLR, which make it a YEAR since I bought anything on impulse.

Don't get me wrong. This is a good thing. Good because it allows me to save up on money as opposed to buying something that's nice-to-have but ultimately could've waited.

It's a bad thing because a) it shows that I'm getting old (dammit) by being mature over my expenses, and b) since I haven't done this is a long time, I might end up making a BIG impulse purchase to make up for the lost time.

I actually have a hypothesis as to why I'm feeling this way. Which leads to...

I need a new mobile phone, and the N97 is taking forever to arrive.
I have 2 phones (the left and the right...eh heh), one for my work life and one for my personal life. My work phone is about 1.3 years old (and looks like it's 13 years old due to heavy usage) and is working perfectly (you gotta love Nokia Communicators). My personal phone is 2.5 years old (or so) and looks like it's 25 - my beloved N95. The reason why I still haven't bought something to replace it is because it took Nokia bloody 2.5 years to come up with something new and exciting enough to actually WANT it to be replaced. And it's taking the N97 forever to show up (it's coming in July according to my good old friends in Nokia regional and global). Sure, I was toying with the idea of getting an Xperia X1, but the WinMo 6.1 was a turnoff (so that throws the HTC line out the window) and Samsung Omnia HD was coming out at the same time as the N97, so...

Bottomline: July better hurry up.

My new office laptop rocks.
The good old office was considerate enough to provide me with a newer lighter more powerful laptop to replace the one I had which was HEAVY. Given my scoliosis, they immediately purchased a new one.

It helps that one has LT backing behind requests such as these mwehehe.

They gave me an HP EliteBook 2530p and it's a nice upgrade to my previous laptop, the Compaq 6150c. Running on Centrino 2, sporting more memory, a DVD-RW, and (I kid you not) an integrated light bulb to use when it's too dark to see your keyboard, it's light enough at 3.75lbs to avoid backbreaking instances yet powerful enough to run WOW at decent speeds and graphic levels.

Good thing the office gave me a pretty damn good laptop, or I would've been tempted to buy a personal laptop...

Running running running
Good for my health (keeps up the trend on my weight loss), good for my wallet (running is cheaper than going out!), good for my back (it strengthens my back muscles, especially the ones along the spine), and good for the environment (running's better than gas guzzling around the city!). Must keep it up!




1 reaction(s). Add yours!:

PANSITLOVE said...

impulse buy me a new cellphone!